Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Mailboxes


For Christmas 2 years ago, I wasn't working at the time, and decided to do something homemade a holiday gift. Thus, the Christmas Mailbox came into the picture. At the time, Target had little red mailboxes for a $1, so I picked up a couple and came up with this idea.

Inside each mailbox was the following; 4 Quadruple Chocolate Brownies, 3 Snickerdoodle Cookies, & 3 Peanut Butter Chocolate Munchies. As an extra on the side I included a Peppermint Cupcake as well.


First up, the Quadruple Chocolate Brownies. Why quadruple? There are 4 different kinds of chocolate in this brownie, on top of the fact that it's also, you know, chocolate. I, for some reason, was in love with baking brownies in a round cake pan at the time. I cut these into pieces allowing for four for each box. I ended up doing four boxes so you can figure out how many pieces that gave me.


Next, I made up a batch of Snickerdoodle cookies. A very delicious Christmas cookie. I ended up with a lot but only put 3 per box.


After that, came the Peanut Butter Chocolate Munchies. These are a chocolate cookie with a ball of peanut butter filling in the middle. I dusted these prior to cooking them in red and green sugar to add to the holiday theme. I ended up with a lot of these as well but only put 3 per box.



Finally, I felt like I needed something else. Something extra. So, from that came a Peppermint Cupcake With Cream Cheese Frosting. I had thought about putting this in the box as well but after packing in the treats, I realized they didn't fit, so I ended up wrapping each cupcake in a separate piece of christmas tissue paper and tying with a piece of ribbon. A lot of people thought it was a candle only to get a nice surprise.

All the recipes I had picked up from here and there on the internet, minus the brownie one, which is just a doctored box mix. I do plan to do something like that again this year, only this time I'm thinking cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment