Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chicken Quesadilla

I've been searching high and low to find new things to make that will appease both my boyfriend and I. More so him, as he's a very picky eater. I had just made tacos a couple nights before and as I'm the one that likes the soft tacos I still had tortillas left. Then, I came across a recipe for a quesadilla. I've seen a lot of recipes for them before but I never clicked on them as I just figured that's not something I would want to make. The recipe I found wasn't for a chicken one, it was for a stirfry one. Definitely not something  my boyfriend would eat. So, I decided to alter it to our tastes and came up with this one.

Our local grocery store sells already cooked chicken in a package. I was initially looking for some sort of ready to eat shredded chicken but this Tyson's happened to be on sale, 2 for $3.98, so I decided to try that instead. I figured this was a quick and easy dinner that would be easy on the budget and it was. You can definitely choose your own way of doing the filling. Either use this ready to use chicken, make up your own, or even use another kind of filling. Tyson also had the steak pieces on sale as well so I picked up one of those to try too.

Chicken Quesadilla's

Ingredients:
1 6oz package ready to eat chicken (one package equaled out to two quesadilla's so adjust accordingly if you want to make more.)
1 8oz package shredded cheese (any kind that you would like will do, I used sharp cheddar)
1 package flour tortillas
Butter

Directions:
Heat a pan over low-medium heat. Melt a tablespoon of butter in the pan. Lay one flour tortilla over the melted butter. Sprinkle cheese over the tortilla, followed by the chicken pieces, and then more cheese for good measure, making sure there is cheese along the outer side of the tortilla. Press the another tortilla over the top. Flatten down.

Now if you're like me and have trouble with using the spatula to flatten it down, feel free to use your hand. I sure did! It makes it much easier to flip if it's flattened down. And with the cheese on the outer side of the tortilla it helps to stick both tortillas together.

Let cook until the bottom is brown to your liking, then pick it up to flip, melting a little more butter if necessary in the pan, before placing it down on the other side. Brown to your liking, place on a dish, cut, and enjoy. It's delicious and hearty enough to fill us both up.

No comments:

Post a Comment