Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lasagna Rolls With Homemade Meat Sauce


I love making Lasagna. When I do I usually throw a lot of stuff into it and it ends up taking a lot of time. So, instead I came up with this alternative, which I've found I'm not the only one, but I added my own spin to it, even though the ingredients are pretty basic.

Lasagna Rolls With Homemade Meat Sauce

Ingredients:
1 Box Lasagna Noodles (cooked as directed on box)
1 2lb (32oz) Bag Of Shredded Cheese (I used Mozzerella)
Parmesan Cheese (I just ended up using the kind you would put on top of spaghetti)
Parsley Flakes
Homemade or store bought sauce of your choice


Prepare your sauce. Whether you are doing a homemade sauce or doctoring up a store bought sauce.



Spread your sauce in the bottom of either a glass Pyrex dish or another pan of your choosing. After the first time making this, I ended up instead using a cake pan as it held all the noodles instead of me having to use two separate pans.


Mix your cheeses together with the parsley flakes. Lay out a single or if you're feeling adventurous and want to get done faster, a couple of lasagna noodles. Fill each noodle with cheese from top to bottom. I find using a cup of some sort helps make less of a mess. After filling the noodle, roll it up from bottom to top, please seam side down into the pan, so they don't unroll.



Spread what's left of your sauce on top of the rolls, sprinkle with cheese, and bake in a 350*F oven for 30-45 minutes, until desired browning of cheese is reached. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment